Good morning everyone!!! I hope everyone had a great wee
kend! We had a very nice weekend, but I'm glad to be home! Jonathan did very well on the way to and from Louisiana this weekend!! Chris and I did learn that he is starting to tell us he doesn't like some people. Which is interesting on our parts trying not to make them feel bad. It was great seeing everyone again. It has been almost a year since we have seen them and almost two years since Chris has been "home."
kend! We had a very nice weekend, but I'm glad to be home! Jonathan did very well on the way to and from Louisiana this weekend!! Chris and I did learn that he is starting to tell us he doesn't like some people. Which is interesting on our parts trying not to make them feel bad. It was great seeing everyone again. It has been almost a year since we have seen them and almost two years since Chris has been "home." The crawfish boil was loads of fun! I can't wait until we can have one here!!
I have posted pictures from our trip below:
Jonathan on the way home! He slept good the whole way!
On our way home, I told Chris that I wanted to see the swamps and go on the road that you see on the movies with dirt roads, swamps on both sides and blind women on wheelchairs on the side of the road. So we went the back way home. The picture with the bridge is the draw bridge in Pierre Part, LA. The other picture are some of the swamps. This last one was a place in Baton Rouge that we saw that was extremely pretty.
Ready for church! Going to the church his daddy grew up in!
YUM!!! These are the crawfish that were bought from Troy Landry from "Swamp People"
Yes, apparently all the Cajuns really do know each other lol
Headed to his first Crawfish Boil!!! :)
Jonathan with Jolene's parents
Jonathan with Jolene
Pulling into Morgan City as the sun is setting!! How beautiful!
On a different note..... I have some things that I need to get off my chest and just talk about...
Yes, I had to have a C-section; No, I am not and did not breastfeed; Yes, I am a full-time working mom; and YES, my child is in daycare.
If anyone has a problem with any of these things get over it. Having a natural birth and/or breastfeeding does not make you better than any of us that can not do those things. And let me tell you, if we could afford for me to stay at home with my son then I MIGHT. Daycare has done Jonathan alot of good. He is alot more social and interacts alot more. Yes I would LOVE to be with my son all day and spend that much time with him, but we are not able for me to do that. So before you judge, you might want to learn the situation if your that noisy to get into our business and make assumptions about me personally.
Okay, now I feel alittle better.... It just bothers me that people I don't even know critisize me for something I don't have control over. To all of you mom's out there that are able to be a stay-at-home-mom: don't take advantage of it and know how truely blessed you are to be able to be in that situation.
I hope everyone has a blessed day!! and remember to smile!! :) you never know who's day you can make better by that one small action!!


