"Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brage and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteoursness, but rejoices with the truth." 1 Corinthians 13:4-6

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

After Hours Staff???

After work yesterday I went to pick Jonathan up from daycare. We get home and he is taking a little cat nap. He wakes up, and I notice he has a little fever. Over the past two weeks his allergies have been giving him fits and over the past week his cough has gotten alot worse. We have been doing everything his doctor has told us to do. When I saw that he had fever, I decided to take him to the after hours clinic at his doctors office. The cough was just really starting to bother me especially since he had RSV. We get to the clinic and get in to the see the doctor. I told the doctor that he pretty much had allergy symptoms but the cough is just getting worse. He just told me to keep doing what we are doing and that I can give him 1/2 teaspoon of Bynadril now. I proceed to tell him that I know that after hours is primarly for emergencies but the cough has been keeping him up the past two nights and that I didn't really need to miss work. His reply back to me was "yeah, well that's the idea of after hours. But I guess its fine." REALLY?!?!?!?! What professional says that???? I'm a first time mom, and yes you can call me a little over protective if you want, but that just really ticked me off.

I know I wasted money with that doctors visit, but I am tired of seeing my baby not feeling good. And I am not sorry that I made that decision. His 6 month check up is less than a month away so hopefully if he isn't better by then his real doctor can give us some answers.