"Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brage and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteoursness, but rejoices with the truth." 1 Corinthians 13:4-6

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Day in the Life of a Working Mom

This has been quite a busy week!!! Why is it that my sweet lil boy is such a good sleeper and goes to bed by 8 PM but yet I can never seem to get there until at least 11 PM??? Its crazy to think that my whole life I have always loved my sleep and could take a nap at any time and pretty much anywhere.  and sleeping in, to me meant not waking up until 12 PM or 1 PM.  Now, I just will laugh at that lol  Even when Jonathan is at grandparents over night, I STILL wake up around 8.  So.... sleeping in to me, now....is 8 AM :) 

My normal week day starts around 7 AM when my sweet little bundle of joy sounds the alarm :)  I feed and change him and get him ready for daycare, then between 7:30 and 8:30 I attempt to get myself ready and his diaper bag packed up.  Then off to work and daycare!!! After work, I got pick my lil pumpkin up and we go home to Chris and HOPEFULLY he is working on supper :)  I get Jonathan settled playing with something or put him in the high chair with a few toys while I get his supper ready.  Most of the time if I put him in the high chair while I fix his supper , he gets mad because he can see his food but he thinks mama isn't getting it ready fast enough. While I am feeding him, Chris is getting our supper ready (such a great husband!!).  After Jonathan is done eating, Chris and I both play with him on a pallet until supper is ready.  After we eat, its getting close to time for Jonathan to go to bed and boy will he let you know when he is ready!!!!  So get that bottle ready!!  He is normally passed smooth out by 8:00 PM.  After he goes to bed is when my "3rd job" starts lol Most people call their "2nd job" taking care of their children, but for me I do not consider that a job, I see it as a blessed priviledge that God gave us the chance to take care of such a precious wonderful little boy who I call my child and my son! So with that being said I will revoke my statement about starting my 3rd job when he goes to bed.  So starting over.... After he goes to bed is when my 2nd job starts!!!! lol  Cleaning the kitchen, emptying and loading the dish washer, washing bottles, fixing Jonathan's breakfast/lunch and snack to take to daycare the next day, doing laundry, picking up toys (who knew an almost 7 month old could throw stuff so far!!), and then I slowly drag myself to shower.  By this point, I'm praying its only 11 PM lol  and yes, Chris does help me out ALOT!!!  Now if there is a ball game one or something I may lose his attention just for a little while, but that's to be expected lol 

So that is pretty much everyday for me...and you know what, I absolutely would not have it any other way!!

This past Sunday, after Church, we took Jonathan to Bass Pro Shops.  We had a good time.  He loved "standing" on the rocks in front of the fish tank and looking at the fish.  One of the fish came right up to the glass and staired at him lol he kept trying to grab it. 

He really doesn't mind having the hat on, he is just getting very, very sleepy!!!

Jonathan found what he wanted for his 1st Birthday!!!


Jonathan and his lil girlfriend Savannah
I can see that I am gonna have to have a little talk with miss priss here soon!!

Look what we found in our yard over the weekend!!!! An Apple Tree!!! and yes those are green apples!!

I hope everyone has a lovely rest of the day and week! May God Bless each of you!